Out of an abundance of caution and concern for our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, the library has decided to cancel our monthly Communi-TEA for March.
Many of our other programs can continue with additional precautions and preparations that will still allow for proper social distancing. We will re-evaluate as needed if advisories from the Maine CDC and other authorities change.
In the meantime, we're following the preventative measures as recommended by the CDC and World Health Organization:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing - maintain a 6 foot distance from other people and avoid handshakes, hugs, etc.Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash and clean your hands. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your bent elbow.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (1 round of the ABC song, the Reading Rainbow song, or 2 rounds of the Happy Birthday song!) Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care. Call your doctor or the hospital first before seeking treatment if possible - you may be able to be evaluated over the phone.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. We are currently disinfecting our computer mice and keyboards, door knobs, etc. at least once a day and more frequently if there has been heavy traffic in the library.
Questions? Call us at (207) 354-2453, email us at , or message us on social media. We're here to help!