It's been a difficult decision to make, but out of an abundance of caution and in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, we are closing the library at least until March 23. On Friday, March 20 we will re-evaluate the situation and decide if we will be able to open the following week. All programs will be cancelled at least until the end of March. A few things to note:
- Due dates will be extended. We don't charge late fees, but Maine InfoNet is working on extending everyone's due dates so that you won't all receive overdue notices while we are closed.
- Our book drop outside the parking lot entrance is open, but please feel free to keep your materials at home until we are able to re-open.
- We hope to have a staff person on hand at the library from 11 am to 3 pm Monday - Thursday this week to answer questions via phone, email and social media.
- We're working on ways to offer services and help the community stay connected while we all do our part to slow the spread and "flatten the curve."
- Follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! We'll be sharing resources for kids now learning at home as well as fun stuff about books to read, movies to watch, and more!
- We may be able to offer curbside pickup for a few hours each day, but we need a day or two to work out the logistics. Stay tuned!
- If you haven't gotten your library card updated yet to the new, 14-digit barcode to be able to use CloudLibrary, the digital lending service for ebooks and digital audiobooks, let us know! When a staff person is in the library, we'll update your card number and contact you.
We will do our best to keep everyone informed as the situation changes.Questions? Call us at (207) 354-2453, email us at , or message us on social media. We're here to help!
Wash your hands and stay healthy!
Thomaston Public Library